You may have had a trial demonstration by now and so can see the benefits of our “virtual classrooms”. You can see it offers much more than the basic Skype lessons that are available. If you haven’t had a trial demonstration, please go to the Home Page and submit your details. Please also see the blog about learning with ISL Groop on our blog page.
Now here are some tips and information to make your time with our Online Language School enjoyable and productive for you and your teacher:
You need to be available at your computer just before your lesson starts. Please be ready at the time agreed with your tutor. Please refer to the Booking Conditions regarding punctuality (being on time). All lessons are for an academic hour which is 45 minutes.
PLEASE READ THE BOOKING CONDITIONS BELOW BEFORE BOOKING YOUR LESSONS/PACKAGE
Single lesson £16
Silver package 5 lessons £77.60 (3% Discount)
Gold package 10 lessons £152 (5% Discount)
One-to-one lessons and packages.
- One-to-one lessons provide you with your own private teacher and your lessons will be planned to suit your individual needs. You can pay for each lesson at the full price or book a package of 5 or 10 lessons at a discounted rate.
- Choose your preferred teacher from the list of teachers and the administration team will confirm if this teacher is available at the times you requested, so you can then book your package or lessons. You may have to choose another teacher if your preferred teacher’s schedule cannot accommodate your own schedule.
- You can have a 30 minute trial session with your chosen teacher and this is completely free. Please book this trial as soon as possible before you book any packages or lessons.
What we give you.
1. Our “virtual classrooms” are powered by ISL Online which is compatible with all current versions of Windows, Apple Mac and Ipads. It is completely safe and secure.
2. Your teacher will be punctual and have a positive attitude towards you and your efforts during the lesson.
3. Your teacher will give you regular evaluations of your progress and plan the lessons to suit your individual needs.
4. Your teacher will provide most or all of the resources for your lessons and will email you before a lesson regarding any preparation work.
5. We recommend that teachers and students share mobile numbers as this is beneficial in case there are issues with the internet before a lesson.
6. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be opportunities to practice with sample papers.
7. If your teacher is unavailable for a long period, you will be notified as soon as possible.
8. You will be offered an alternative teacher if one is available at the times to suit you. It is your right to ask for a refund if you do not wish to learn with another teacher or if no other teacher is available. A full refund will then be given pro rata for the value of the rest of the package that you have paid for.
9. The school will offer an alternative lesson or a full refund for that lesson if there are technical difficulties at our end.
10. We have a strict data protection policy and under no circumstances will your details be passed on to a third party.
What we expect from you.
1. When booking a single lesson or package of lessons, payment must be made at the same time as this will secure the teacher’s commitment to plan this lesson or the set number of lessons with you.
2. Individual lessons must take place within 5 working days of the booking date.
3. You must plan your lessons with your teacher within 5 working days of the booking date of a package. These lessons can be flexible to suit you and to fit in with your teacher’s schedule.
4. It is advisable to book one single lesson with a teacher if you are not sure which teacher to choose, rather than booking a package with a specific teacher.
5. We limit package lengths to give you teacher continuity from one lesson to the next and because a long gap between lessons can hinder your learning. Short packages of 5 lessons have a validation date of 30 days from the booking date. Longer packages of 10 lessons have a validation date of 60 days from the booking date. This means that packages must be completed by that date and any credits not used by that date will be lost.
6. An adminstration fee of 25% of the package fee will be charged if you have to postpone your package of lessons without a valid reason. Valid reasons include serious illness or bereavement.
7. We have a 24 hour cancellation policy so you must inform the school administration and your teacher at least 24 hours before your first lesson with a valid reason why you cannot attend. This also applies to individual lessons and a lesson within the package booked.
8. We expect you to keep to the planned timetable for single lessons and packages. Your teacher will be flexible if you request changes to dates and times of a single lesson or a lesson in a package in exceptional circumstances but if this becomes a regular occurrence, the school may need to intervene and your study credit will be limited.
9. We expect all our students to be punctual, attend lessons regularly and show respect to their teacher. We also expect our students to do homework regularly and on time. The school reserves the right to refuse admission to an online class or to dismiss a student from a lesson should that student’s behaviour be disrespectful to their teacher or if that student is continually late or absent or for any other reason that the school identifies. The school is not obliged to discuss such reasons. The student will receive a refund for the value of the rest of the package fee that he/she already paid.
10. We do not encourage our students to change teachers but in exceptional circumstances, a student must request in writing with an explanation to the school administration at firstname.lastname@example.org to change their teacher. A discussion will then follow to decide the best solution to the situation.
11. You must ensure your internet is reliable. If you miss a lesson for technical reasons, there will be no refund or alternative lesson.
12. Your teacher may recommend books and other materials for your lessons and it is your responsibility to purchase them as soon as possible.
13. Force Majeure. This is a common clause that refers to risks beyond the reasonable control of either party. Neither party is liable for failure to perform, except with respect to payment obligations, solely caused by:
- unavoidable casualty
- delays in delivery of materials
- government orders
- acts of civil or military authorities
- acts by common carriers, emergency conditions (including weather conditions) incompatible with safety or good quality workmanship
- events that are unforeseen that renders performance commercially implausible.
If an event of force majeure occurs, the party injured by the other’s inability to perform may elect one of the following remedies: (a) to terminate this agreement in whole or in part; or (b) to suspend the agreement, in whole or part, for the duration of the force majeure circumstances. The party experiencing the force majeure circumstances shall cooperate with and assist the injured party in all reasonable ways to minimize the impact of force majeure on the injured party, which may include locating and arranging substitute services if necessary.